In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
- Use financial management and teamwork principles to guide and improve strategic planning and reimbursement
- Recommend models and methods to inform and improve revenue-cycle processes
- Analyze federal, state, and third-party payer regulations and reporting guidelines for reimbursement compliance
You are a healthcare consultant hired by a large healthcare organization. The organization has some new members on the board of directors who have requested an orientation on the organization’s strategic planning, revenue-cycle processes, and reimbursement-compliance processes. As a consultant, you have been asked to educate the new board members at their next retreat on these areas, highlighting internal strengths and weaknesses, as well as external opportunities and barriers that might impact financial performance and reimbursement.
Create a PowerPoint presentation with a separate speaker notes document for educating the board of directors on strategic planning, revenue-cycle processes, and reimbursement compliance processes. In your speaker notes, be sure to indicate which notes belong with each slide.
If you need writing support, access the Online Writing Center through the Academic Support module of your course.
Specifically, you must address the following:
- Introduction: Introduce your presentation, including a concise, high-level overview of what topics and information will be covered in the presentation.
- Strategic Planning: Determine how overall strategic planning can potentially be improved by applying financial management and teamwork principles within your organization.
- Staffing Impact: Evaluate how staffing across the department impacts revenue cycle outcomes and team performance.
- Healthcare Reimbursement: Analyze the importance of improving healthcare reimbursement processes for the organization and various stakeholders.
- Revenue-Cycle Process: Analyze the importance of improving revenue-cycle processes for the organization and various stakeholders.
- Reimbursement Compliance: Analyze the overall impact of current federal, state, and third-party payer regulations and reporting guidelines on reimbursement compliance for the organization.
- Recommendations: Recommend changes your healthcare organization can make to maximize reimbursement opportunities for patients, staff, and various stakeholders.
Your presentation should be evidence based. Your citations should be from your independent search for evidence (not from the scenario, textbook, or module resources) of credible sources and be current within the last five years. You are required to cite a minimum of five sources overall. Refer to the IHP 630 Library Guide located in the Start Here section of the course for additional support.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Strategic Planning Education PresentationYour submission should be a 15- to 18-slide PowerPoint presentation (in addition to title and reference slides). Sources should be cited according to APA style.
Strategic Planning Education Presentation Speaker NotesYour submission should be a 12- to 14-page Word document with 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
Please follow instruction carefully